Friday, October 16, 2009

Au Bon Pain

I tried Au Bon Pain for the first time today at lunch.  They put one in Methodist Hospital, and it takes me just 10 minutes through the tunnels and on the People Mover to get over there.  Never even have to go outside, which is GREAT in this dreary weather we are having. It was a little confusing. You have to write your order on a piece of paper and give it to one counter. Get your own soup, drink, bread, brownie, side salad, fruit, etc. And then take it to a seperate counter to pay.  I ordered the Prosciutto and Fresh Mozzarella sandwich, which was Prosciutto, Fresh Mozzarella, Romaine, Tomato, Mayonnaise & Mediterranean Relish on Farmhouse Roll.  I figured it would be just like ham and cheese...why I figured that, not so sure...but it was NOT just like ham and cheese. It was gross. They really meant FRESH mozzarella. I don't care for fresh mozzarella on my sandwiches....it was like a wet sponge.  Gag! But the Potato Cheese soup I got with it was SOOO worth the trip. And I'm thinking I'll be going back a lot this winter for that deliciousness.  If you have an Au Bon Pain near you and you haven't tried the Potato Cheese soup...better go get it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See I love fresh moz, but with tomatoes and dressing. Spongey, i can see that and now I don't want to eat it on a sandwich. Thanks!

Kelly said...

oh yes!! Mmmm....Caprese salad is the best! :)