We started the long weekend off with a trip to the Lawn @ White River Stat Park with our niece Ashliegh and our good friend Jenna! The weather was PERFECT! It didn't rain, but the sun stayed behind clouds so we didn't roast. Then it got just cool enough for a sweatshirt. I thought Jack's Mannequin put on a great show! I thought for sure the Fray were better when we saw them a few years ago. This time they seemed more interested in getting it over and moving on. Not very much crowd interaction. Left out some major favorites that many people were begging for, and sort of stumbled around the stage looking half drunk. But the weather and company made it worth the ticket price in the end!
So, we didn't end up going to Chris' dad's house at the lake for the 4th of July. He was doing some work on the property that wasn't complete in time, so he decided to have us come out another time. This left us with a free weekend sort of last minute, but we invited Dad up for a cookout because Brenda had to work the 4th of July holiday this year. We just made hot dogs, hamburgers, all your typical cookout foods and then stayed inside and watched a movie. And we listened to the rain. ALLL DAY! Then we were invited to our good friend Jan and Jim's house for a cookout later on! It was wonderful. Good food, a great NASCAR race (go Smoke!) and lots of good laughs with great friends!
Today was a quiet day. Laid around and did nothing all day. Had a half cookout for ourselves tonight and reheated leftovers. Then we rented Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. I have to say I'm a big nerd for vampire/lycan underworld stuff! :) It was a great movie. Now it's way past my bedtime, and I'm going to get some sleep, so I can get up tomorrow and begin a full week of work! When is the next holiday?!?!
0 comments:
Post a Comment