Friday, January 23, 2009

February!

Well, January is close to over, and I am looking forward to February! There are a lot of exciting things happening in Feb!

Feb 2 - 1 year since we brought Jackson home - and FINALLY the 2nd release from The Fray which I am so looking forward to owning!

Feb 13 - David McMillin at Radio Radio. Really excited to see him play, and to hopefully run into lots of old friends. :) Chris and I will probably make this our Valentine's day celebration and go out to dinner before the show. We aren't real big on Valentine's Day!

Feb 27 - Brett Dennen is playing at The Music Mill! (their last show before closing) I am going with Emily Schubel!!! We are both very very excited about this show! We <3 him bigtime! His music that is, he is not so great to look at. No offense Brett ;o)

Feb 28 - Meagan and Maddie will be home this weekend from TN, so HOPE to get to see them sometime!!

And somewhere in there I need to have my hair done again, which is always fun. I'll also finish the first class of the semester and start on the second! Every class down is a reason to celebrate! The rest of January will be a good time too - tomorrow night I'm having dinner with my Mom and then going to see my Dad's band play at Ziggie's in the 'bus. Next Thursday I have a rare "girls night" dinner scheduled with Mariel that I am really excited about.

And I get to spend every day with Chris and Jack and that makes me quite happy!! I don't like to rush life along...I just feel like there is always something exciting to be looking forward to - and that helps me get through the crappy times. I am excited that Barack Obama is now in office. I am staying hopeful and reminding myself that there is nothing I can do to better the worsening economy or all of our Nation's other major issues. I can only better myself, and improve my own behaviors. So I will ignore the frightening news that can be terrifying and remain focused on doing the best I can to get myself in a good position financially, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually...so that hopefully, no matter how low things go, I'll still be treading water.

Have a great weekend!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE MADE THE LIST!