First picture of 2009!! This was taken shortly after ringing in the new year! I've never been big on resolutions. I say I'm going to do things, that I don't do all year long...why give it it's own day!? Once, when I was about 14 I decided my new years resolution was not to pull up on the handle of the car before Mom or Dad had unlocked it. You know what happens when you do that and pull up at the same moment they hit the unlock button and it negates their unlock, so they have to do it again just for you, and usually moan as if it's a huge ordeal!? yah...well I made it until October 18th. Why I remember the date...who knows.
But this year, I am making a few resolutions. They are as follows:
1: Go to church more often. Chris and I found a church we really like in Greenwood which is only about 15 minutes away on a Sunday morning, but we have just gotten so lazy about leaving the house. Especially in cold weather. But, I feel like the beginning of the year is a great time to get started, and I'm hoping that a lot of things will come from this that I can't even guess. God has a way of doing that. I missed this first week already, but Chris' mom is in the hospital and we had to go see her Sunday morning. Notice the resolution is not EVERY Sunday...just a lot more often. I am going to listen to this past week's message on podcast, and next week too...since I won't be back from Chicago in time...but then I will be going after that. Really.
2: For Christmas I asked for the 5 Love Languages book. I read it in two days, and I really liked what it had to say. I am making Chris read it, and it is another goal to try to work on the methods in the book. So far, it's been pretty easy.
3. And lastly, Chris has suggested I read a book by Dr. Phil called Self Matters. He said it will help me with the constant worrying/anxiety that seems to rule my life at some times. I am going to order the book Friday and the goal is to read it and work on practicing the lessons in that book as well.
Overall, 2009 is about improving the three most important relationships in my life. God. Chris. Myself. Can't wait to reflect 12 months from now, and see what changes (if any) have occurred.

1 comments:
I think those are all very good resolutions. Is Chris' mom OK? Chicago in January?!?! You are nuts, it's COLD! Oh, and I like the spring background :)
Post a Comment