I haven't actually posted a blog in so long. And everytime that happens, I post an entry just like this one that says, "I am such a bad blogger. I am going to do better from now on because..." Riiiiiight. Hasn't happened yet. But, seriously, I am SUCH a bad blogger. :) As I believe I have said before, or at least thought about saying, my life just seems incredibly lame compared to my friends. So when I try to think about things that are going on that might merit a blog entry...I usually don't have much. There's hilarious things my 4 year old niece says and does. She really is the funniest kid on Earth. I probably have about 500 pictures of Jackson doing something that is just sooooooo adorable. But of course I think Erin is funny and Jack is cute. They're mine.* But then I stop and realize how much I enjoy looking at pictures of other people's pets, children, homes, meals, hobbies, etc... they entertain me and I feel like I get a tiny glimpse into the lives of my friends that live too far away. Facebook is great for keeping in touch, but the blogs provide a place to share stories and ideas. My friend Sarah is such a creative Mom. The way she celebrates birthdays and holidays definitely inspires me to do the same with my future child(ren). So the moral of the story is...I can't promise that I will have interesting things to share, I just feel like I need to start sharing. I don't lead a glamorous life. I feel like for the past four years while I've been in school, I have mostly whined, complained, moaned, groaned and focused on the negative in life; but graduation is near and I feel like I'm coming to the end of a chapter in my life. I'm quite excited about what things will transpire in the next chapter. I know there will be things that are definitely blog-worthy, but my goal here is to accept that the everyday things are worth capturing as well. Not for the entertainment of others, so much as for my own reflection. When school is truly over I will stop and take in a really big deep breath and exhale alllllll the stress and pressure. Just kidding, I have a job still. There is always going to be stress and pressure, but I am so looking forward to trying new things and finding more joy in my life. How exciting!! New start, new look for the blog, and I'm still trying to think of a new name for it as well. Or maybe TBD... is pretty fitting. Because what comes next is certainly to be determined.
*Erin actually belongs to my sister Katie and her husband Craig, but I am her only Aunt and therefore take some claim for her and her big sister Brooke. :)
Temple Experience with Sis Scott
2 days ago
1 comments:
please keep blogging!! i love hearing your thoughts. i love blogging for that reason! I totally agree about the differences between FB/blogging world. That's why I use both forums. and thanks for the compliments. :) i just love my kids & love making them smile!!!
Post a Comment