How to Get Pale Skin - wikiHow
As a person who struggles DAILY to accept my skin color, I find this article to be absolutely insane on so many levels.
1. Who would actually WANT to make themselves pale?
2. Some of these suggestions sound a little scary.
3. I think it pretty much boils down to be born pale and stay out of the sun. (Unless you are super lucky like me...when even the sun doesn't help your cause.)
I try every day, and fail, to believe that somehow my pale skin is beautiful. I am ashamed that it matters so much to me. I know it shouldn't, but it always has. I know that tanning beds are dangerous, so I don't use them. But if I really want to look nice for a special occasion - I get a spray tan. Why? Because then I can look in the mirror and actually see past my skin and feel pretty. I can wear a dress that shows my legs and not spend all my time feeling self-conscious. I can wear eye shadow that isn't white or beige and not look like someone punched me in the eyes. I can be comfortable in my own skin and focus on enjoying my life. The more I think about all of this...I think maybe I need therapy. Or a skin transplant. Is that possible yet?
Temple Experience with Sis Scott
2 days ago
1 comments:
So this post made me check out pictures on FB & you had one from your reunion right next to one from our lunch. You spray tanned for your reunion, right? Looked so good & very natural!!
Post a Comment