Five days from the wedding. Not stressed really. I did a good job of starting projects months ago, plus my sister has been here helping for a week. Just a few small to dos, to buys, or to makes left on the list. Getting really excited to see all of my hard work come together and really crossing my fingers it looks like I have imagined. If not, oh well. We'll have had our ceremony in front of friends and family. We'll be celebrating with good food (hopefully) and fun dancing (hopefully), and then I'll have a new last name. That's really where my mind is shifting now. As the day draws closer and I check other things off the list. I finally realized I am in my last few days as a Showalter. And it makes me quite sad. I will miss it. As much as I have complained about it for the last 27 years...I really am sad to see it go. I didn't realize how much I really identified with it. I am a Daddy's girl and not having the same last name as him is difficult to grasp. But I am sure I will adjust in time. After all the cards are changed, paperwork is updated, etc...and I start seeing it and signing it...I'm sure I'll grow to feel like a Denney. I'm just glad I will get to keep my Showalter on facebook. :)
Temple Experience with Sis Scott
1 day ago
5 comments:
These are exciting times! There is a short period of time where you seem to lose your identity because you are no longer your maiden name but you are not quite officially your married name. But nothing made me happier than the first time I saw my new name in print and heard the first person call me Mrs. Delcamp! :) I couldn't be happier for you! Enjoy this time and many wonderful years to come!!
and now just under 2 days!!!!! so excited for you. can't wait to see the beautiful pictures. take in every moment, enjoy it, journal about it. good luck! (is that the right thing to say? I don't think so but wishing you well wishes!!)
less than 24 hours and I'm super excited!
See, facebook was the first thing I changed, but I cannot manage to introduce myself as Sarah Rusin. Sounds too strange. Congrats on winning the Toilet Paper game! I'm very proud of you.
I added the Denney on Facebook, but another Kelly from high school married a Denney and just uses Kelly Denney, so for the sake of our common friends' sanity, I kept the Showalter in there. Which makes me happy. I'm like you. I don't have a problem typing it or seeing it, but saying it will be strange. I haven't had to do that yet!!
Post a Comment