The reception is going to be held at the Senior Center, which has a lot of great natural light through big windows. Since the wedding is July 17th, it will be fairly light outside for most the night. I don't think I need to worry too much about lighting the inside. The tables will have some candles, for mood more than lighting, and I am planning to do a few paper lantern lighting features...not sure what else to call them. But mostly, I'm having trouble thinking of other "decorations." I'm also having a hard time thinking of HOW these decorations are going to be mounted to the brick walls and tall arching windows. But I loooooove these fabric floral garlands. I think I might make some as a test to see: A. How long they take to make. and B. How cost effective it would be to make as many as I want. And I might try to make the same thing using tissue paper instead of fabric to see if it achieves the same look for less. Although ordering tissue paper in "my" colors would probably cost me more than getting fabric at the store. Hmmm....so much to think about. So much that doesn't really matter. But, it matters to me.
Temple Experience with Sis Scott
1 day ago


2 comments:
Aha. Ahahahahahaha! They take so long to make!
I recently acquired a lot of free time and am thinking about making these and selling on etsy...
If you really want to do these, I think paper is a little easier, i saw some made with the paper that patterns are made with and they were AWESOME.
Ok...love the flower garlands!! I talked to Taylor Kleinhenz (Brent's little sister) b/c she used the senior center for her reception too. She thought they tried to ignore the brick walls & tall ceilings & brought in Christmas lights for lighting & candles on the table too. She loved it. HEr mom really did all the work so I could ask her if you want me too. Her mom is an interior designer & great with things like this. Let me know. FB me or something,ok?
Post a Comment