Saturday, November 7, 2009

Politics As Usual

Those of you who have spent any time around Chris, understand that politics is a big topic of discussion in our household.  I try to stay as informed as possible, and Chris and I agree on pretty much all issues. Where we differ is that he likes to talk about it, and I...don't. Occasionally, if I have a strong opinion, I'll voice it. But I don't like to debate. Someone's thoughts or beliefs on politics and religion are personal and they are an individual right. I respect that greatly about our country, and so I prefer to just agree to disagree most of the time.  I also don't put my opinion out there openly very often. 

But, in all honesty, this stuff is getting scary.  I worry about the future of our Nation in the hands of the current administration. As someone who is looking to start a family in the near future...I find myself up late at night wondering if it is smart, or even fair, to bring a new life into a country that seems headed for disaster.  The healthcare bill that has passed the house tonight is full of things that the majority of Americans DO NOT WANT!! But yet, when those American's gather to voice that opinion, politicians and mainstream media say they are staged and blame the outrage on another party, or another network. 

What is it going to take? I feel like it's going to take a big revolt like our country hasn't seen in many, many years. And while I don't like discussing my opinions on politics and religion...I'll say that I am praying harder than I ever have; that our elected officials would start listening to the people and doing what is best for us.  And ultimately, I try to remind myself that the fate our Nation is in His hands, not in Barack Obama's. 

1 comments:

Epic Alliance said...

I agree 100% with your words in this blog! Especially the last sentence! :)

I too have always been one that keeps my opinion to myself and respects everyone else's, even if I do not agree, but you're right...the times we are in almost require us to voice our opinions more to help ensure a better future not just for us, but our future generations! I am choosing to no longer be silent on important issues.

The more I learn about you the more I realize we have so much in common and think so much alike! :) Wish I was still in the area so we could hang out more!!

p.s. our prayers are being heard...good things are happening too! The media doesn't like to report the good news though! Keep up the prayers!