Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I'm so bad at blogging.

I am not very good at keeping up with blogging. My life just isn't very exciting I guess. According to this blog, the last exciting thing to happen to me was the election. I know some other pretty fun things have happened since then, I just never remember to write about them.

Since Nov. 5th, I have seen the Lion King at the Murat twice! First with Chris, as a late birthday present. He got me amazing seats, and the show was absoultely the coolest thing I'd ever seen. I loved it so much that I bought my sister and I tickets as a Christmas gift to her. The seats weren't as great, but the show was still amazing. Katie and I had a great time together, and she loved the show as well.

Katie, Craig, and the girls were here for a week over Christmas. I was lucky enough to be able to take the whole week off! We had a lot of quality time together at our Dad's house in Columbus, even though Erin and I were both sick most of the week. The girls are getting so big. Brooke is now 5'1"! She has grown 2" since October. I'm not going to see her again until April, and by then she may be taller than me! She just turned 10 years old earlier this month, she's not allowed to be taller than me!! :) And Erin is starting to talk more. I remember this age with Brooke. They are so much fun at this stage. We spent the whole week asking Erin to say, "Erin has a tattoo" just because it was so adorable to hear how she says it! Dad got me a new camera for Christmas, and I got a really cute video of her. I could watch it over and over!

Today is New Year's Eve. Chris and I have tickets to some Carlos Diaz New Year's Eve Extravaganza thingamajig in Greenwood tonight. We spent last New Year's Eve at home, sort of by accident, so we decided this year we would go out and celebrate. But we are both not feeling well, and with our pockets drained from Christmas I think we would both prefer to stay home and ring in the new year from the couch with Jackson! :) But the tickets are paid for, and so we'll go out and try to have a good time. I'm really most looking forward to having the day off tomorrow!

2008 has been an interesting year, and 2009 promises to be interesting as well. Chris and I have a lot of hopes for the next 12 months. Hopefully some of those wishes will come true. Such as Chris' business being able to surivive in the newly craptastic economy! Whatever you and your families wish for the new year, I hope that 2009 treats you well.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

welcome back! thanks for the update. What is it that Chris does exactly? (maybe let me know on FB) Is a wedding date on the hopeful list? No pressure just wanna know your opinion on that!