Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama

I can say that I didn't vote for Obama. I wanted change for sure, but I just couldn't bring myself to really believe he was offering the right kind of change. However, now that he has been elected, I will not be someone who holds a grudge or keeps a negative attitude. I voted third party because I had the right to do so. And because I felt the Constitution party better serves my desires for our national government. But if I had only the option of the Republican or Democratic candidate, my vote would have gone to Obama. With my fingers crossed, I would have chosen him, and hoped that he means what he says, and I wasn't making a huge mistake. Now that he is our president elect...I will remain positive, keep my mind open to the possibility that he is who he says he is - and that he is capable of what he says he is capable of. After listening to his acceptance speech, which moved me to hopeful patriotic tears, I can only hope that a new America is on it's way...or rather the old America is coming back. For now...I am putting my trust in him, and looking forward to January. Mostly, I am thrilled by voter turnout, and the excitement and interest Obama gained from young voters. Participation of citizens is half the battle in determining the future of our country. I still say it's the best country on Earth to be living in. For that, I'm extremely grateful. And for the future, extremely hopeful.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

My thoughts exactly Kelly. Very well said. Thanks for your thoughts!!

Oh and on facebook...I read your wall-to-wall with Brent. What's up with the Merry Christmas??!?!