Sunday, August 10, 2008

It's been a while...

Haven't made an update in a while. To be quite honest, if I've had any free time, it's all been spent reading Twilight and New Moon. Bought the third in the series today. It's burning a hole through my coffee table...haha! I am not letting myself start reading it yet. I have a 10 page research paper due Wednesday night. Then I have a week off from classes before fall session starts. So I am forcing myself to wait until I get this paper finished. Then I can read Eclipse, and then go purchase the final book that came out just recently. I'm hooked. I thought I was hooked when I started reading Harry Potter. Harry Potter has it's great qualities...but this is so addictive. The author is unbelievable! And Bella's sarcasm reads like my own thoughts! I love it.

So...anyways....Edward Cullen has been my primary focus as of late. Secondly, is our office move. We spent all of this past week packing the old office. It took over 150 totes to pack the whole place. Monday morning the movers show up and we basically just stand back as they load all the stuff into the truck and head over to the canal to our beautiful new building. :) That will be the first time we've seen it. Next week will be crazy. We only have four days to unpack everything. Just like we had four days to pack it! Plus we have some grant application deadline on the 15th, so someone has to always be at the old location just in case any last minute submissions come DHL, FedEx, or UPS. Which I'm sure they will. But we'll all be taking turns because everyone has to get their stuff unpacked! I'm sure it will be just as hectic as last week...maybe worse.

Yeah, other than that...not much to report on. Things are great. Ready to get this last summer class over, and get started on my first three classes for my Org. Leadership major this fall. In 15 weeks I'll be a JUNIOR in college. That will be a first! And I'm quite excited for that day! :) Okay, I'll see if I can post a couple pics of my new office here...

This is the building. Fairbanks Hall. If you are familiar with the canal, it sits at the very north end, right next to Bugg's Temple.
This is the first floor lobby. It has a Hubbards and Craven coffee shop.
This is the 5th floor (my floor) elevator lobby! I love the design on the wall!
This is what my cubicle will look like. The picture doesn't show the size well...it's fairly large I hear. Looking forward to seeing it Monday!
And this is a picture of a row of cubicles.

1 comments:

Megan said...

I'm loving the series! I just finished the first one and now I have to wait until I get home to start the second. Thanks for getting me hooked :)